hot water storage tank
Last Post 25 Mar 2008 09:45 PM by hedgehog. 0 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
25 Mar 2008 09:45 PM
i am using a 85 gallon plastic lined hot water heater as a hot water storage tank for my DHW, the tank will have two heat sources, one will be the desuperheater on my 3-ton forced air geothermal unit, this will be plumbed in through the hot water outlet and the drain valve, the second source of heat will be my 2-ton water to water geopump, it will bge set up for 3 zones, 1 my basement floor, 2 my garage floor, and the third a flat plate heat exchanger with the other side heating my hot water tank, i'm not sure where the best place to tie it in, should i hook it parallell to my desuperheater connections or should i plumb it in to the electric element sockets, since the elements will never be used? as a note i will be using food grade antifreeze on the heating side of the heat exchanger. the reason i am using 2 sources is, the desuperheater will only make hot water in the heating and cooling season, spring and fall it wont keep up, i want the second source to keep the water at a decent temperature to minimize the amount my downstream electric tankless needs to run.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Membership Membership: Latest New User Latest: nancyb New Today New Today: 4 New Yesterday New Yesterday: 2 User Count Overall: 28710
People Online People Online: Visitors Visitors: 250 Members Members: 21 Total Total: 271

GreenBuildingTalk

Welcome to GreenBuildingTalk, the largest, most active forum on green building. While you can browse the site as a guest, you need to register in order to post.

Register Member Login Forum Home

Search Directory

Professionals Products

Get Free Quotes

Tell us about your building project and get free quotes from green building professionals. It's fast & easy! Click here to get your free quote.

Site Sponsors

For Advertising Info:
Call 866-316-5300 or 312-223-1600

Professionals Serving Your Area:

Newsletter

Read the latest GBT Newsletter!

Copyright 2011 by BuildCentral, Inc.   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement  Free Quotes  Professional Directory  Advertising Programs