Freeze Protection
Last Post 24 Feb 2009 08:01 AM by Rupert. 0 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
24 Feb 2009 08:01 AM

Hello all. My first post ,after reading here for a month or so.

I have a Econar 5ton hydronic GSHP, installed Nov07, running open loop.

The source coil froze and broke last fall, apparently due to a breif water flow problem, and the low pressure cutout failed to stop the compressor, because I discovered that that part of the control board has failed (if you pull one of the leads, it has no effect).This is Econar's only freeze protection, they used to use an extra sensor, but opted for one combined 35-60 psi. pressure switch on the suction side for open loop application.

Reading info on at least 4 other unit manufacturers, they all use some sort of other protection, thermistors, flow switch, etc.

My question is: Do any installers use extra site added freeze protection to guard against such problems or do you rely solely on the unit's devices?

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Membership Membership: Latest New User Latest: hur00003 New Today New Today: 2 New Yesterday New Yesterday: 3 User Count Overall: 28834
People Online People Online: Visitors Visitors: 178 Members Members: 12 Total Total: 190

GreenBuildingTalk

Welcome to GreenBuildingTalk, the largest, most active forum on green building. While you can browse the site as a guest, you need to register in order to post.

Register Member Login Forum Home

Search Directory

Professionals Products

Get Free Quotes

Tell us about your building project and get free quotes from green building professionals. It's fast & easy! Click here to get your free quote.

Site Sponsors

For Advertising Info:
Call 866-316-5300 or 312-223-1600

Professionals Serving Your Area:

Newsletter

Read the latest GBT Newsletter!

Copyright 2011 by BuildCentral, Inc.   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement  Free Quotes  Professional Directory  Advertising Programs