Home Insurance Discount for Geo
Last Post 22 Sep 2009 03:30 AM by geonomics. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
21 Sep 2009 03:41 PM
Today I asked for and was offered a discount on my home insurance premium from State Farm Insurance for replacing a propane furnace with geo. Regards, Masoud
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
21 Sep 2009 03:45 PM
Interesting idea, but I'm not sure if it would apply to other insurnace companies. Sure, your reducing the risk of fire be replacing a flammable/expolsive fuel for electricity.  But you could still have an electrical fire, not to mention that a leak in you geothermal system could cause water damage in the basement.
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
21 Sep 2009 07:12 PM
Masoud, did you eliminate all propane in your house? Thanks
Homeowner with WF Envision NDV038 (packaged) & NDZ026 (split), one 3000' 4 pipe closed horizontal ground loop, Prestige thermostats, desuperheaters, 85 gal. Marathon.
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
21 Sep 2009 07:49 PM
geome,

No, I have a 500 gallon propane tank that powers a 15 KW generator (outside) and a hot water tank (in basement), when the utility power goes out for longer than a day.

Regards,

Masoud
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
21 Sep 2009 08:03 PM
Great news Masoud, thanks for the tip.
j
Joe Hardin www.amicontracting.com We Dig Comfort! www.doityourselfgeothermal.com Dig Your Own Comfort!

--
22 Sep 2009 03:30 AM
Agreed...another perk to add to the ever-growing list of potential system benefits
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Membership Membership: Latest New User Latest: Retiring Texan New Today New Today: 2 New Yesterday New Yesterday: 7 User Count Overall: 28621
People Online People Online: Visitors Visitors: 247 Members Members: 19 Total Total: 266

GreenBuildingTalk

Welcome to GreenBuildingTalk, the largest, most active forum on green building. While you can browse the site as a guest, you need to register in order to post.

Register Member Login Forum Home

Search Directory

Professionals Products

Get Free Quotes

Tell us about your building project and get free quotes from green building professionals. It's fast & easy! Click here to get your free quote.

Site Sponsors

For Advertising Info:
Call 866-316-5300 or 312-223-1600

Professionals Serving Your Area:

Newsletter

Read the latest GBT Newsletter!

Copyright 2011 by BuildCentral, Inc.   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement  Free Quotes  Professional Directory  Advertising Programs