Brad Partridge- Advanced Building Technologies, Inc.
Spending a half a day correctly preparing the site makes the work go much smoother and faster. We recommend the following:
- All the window and door bucks be made up before you start the first course.
- Square and chalk the inside wall location (spray chalk line with clear paint so you don't lose it).
- Buy steel in 20' straight sections and in 2' X 2' 90degree sections. If your first wall section is 7 courses high lay 7 corner bar in each corner and cut 7 straight bars for each of the straight sections.
- Stack block in the center of the slab or foundation.
- Mark on the slab the location and dimensions of all the openings.
- When you finish the preparation you have all the materials in close proximity to where they will be used and the work flow is smoother and faster. We recommend one person laying block, one person brining and cutting block and the third person placing steel.