Geothermal Cooling in the Bahamas?
Last Post 28 May 2024 10:29 PM by Daphneccc. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
21 Jun 2008 05:10 PM
Hello this is my first post on this board. I stumbled across it while doing a search about solar water heating in google. I have always been interested in geothermal heating/cooling and have read about it online but still have questions and this seems like the place to ask. Currently I am living in GA but was born in the Bahamas and most of my family lives down there. Energy prices are out of control in the Bahamas and I have been looking into various products to increase energy efficiency and independence for my family's home in the Bahamas.
  Currently we are building a small house in the Bahamas and I have a few questions about geothermal cooling. There is no need for heating so the system would strictly be cooling. There is alot of space on the lot so a horizontal system would be possible if it is a workable solution. The ground consists of a small amount of topsoil and then is solid limestone. Can a geo system work in ground comprised of limestone? If a horizontal system can't work in limestone could I go with a vertical one? We have drilled two well holes in the past looking for clean water and both times ended up with brakish, non-potable water at around 60'. Can an old unused well hole be used for a geothermal system?  Also, because the Bahamas is a small country I would need to bring in trained contractors and materials for the system if it is possible, so it would need to be done correctly the first time. How much testing and configuration is needed after the installation? Since there are no local companies that do install that would also mean there is no one to do maintenance. How much maintenance do the systems need and how frequently? Is there anyway that I could do it myself? Thats all I have for now but I'm sure as I learn more questions will arise.

Thanks for the help!

Jacc1234

--
28 May 2024 10:29 PM
Hello, have you found any other info on geothermal cooling in the Bahamas that you’re willing to share please?
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Membership Membership: Latest New User Latest: alx New Today New Today: 0 New Yesterday New Yesterday: 1 User Count Overall: 34755
People Online People Online: Visitors Visitors: 71 Members Members: 1 Total Total: 72
Copyright 2011 by BuildCentral, Inc.   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement