drainage wrap over tyvek for behind stucco?
Last Post 29 Dec 2019 06:03 PM by Rhubarb33. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
24 Nov 2019 05:38 PM
I'm remodeling in climate zone 1. We already pulled off the old siding and damaged felt and wrapped the house in tyvek homewrap (not stuccowrap or drainwrap unfortuntaly). Originally we were going to do a layer of felt and then lathe and three coat stucco. I've recently learned about the benefit of having a drainage plane. I dont think I can afford the delta dry prodcut. I as thinking of going with a layer of obdyke hydrogap, then 60min paper, then lathe and stucco. Does this seem like a good cost/benefit for my situation? Would people recommend a different solution? thanks!

--
29 Dec 2019 06:03 PM
Not sure if you found your answer yet, but, regardless, you might want to check out Matt Risinger. He's a builder based in Austin, TX. He has some fantastic videos, and is a big proponent of drainage wrap. Go back through his videos; you will find several discussing the topic.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MattRisinger/videos
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Membership Membership: Latest New User Latest: Dancing Cat New Today New Today: 1 New Yesterday New Yesterday: 0 User Count Overall: 34315
People Online People Online: Visitors Visitors: 177 Members Members: 0 Total Total: 177
Copyright 2011 by BuildCentral, Inc.   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement