ICF question for some ICF experts...
Last Post 05 Jun 2024 01:03 AM by renangle. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
02 Jun 2024 12:43 AM
Hello all! I have been away for a LONG TIME. I am curious, would it be possible to build an ICF warehouse/storage facility to house perishable items? What I am getting at is there are a way to control temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, etc. to create an ideal preservation environment for the "perishable items" I'm looking to do? I am a very experience ICF person, so what I am look at is very very specific. Let's say for argument purposes, if Buffalo Trace wanted to create the perfect environment to scientifically control the bourbon barrels, would ICF be ideally suited to do that? Has it ever been done? Thanks for any and all responses. Ren Angle
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
03 Jun 2024 09:59 AM
The mass of ICF will keep temp more constant even through a power outage. I would think icf is the best way to go though not the cheapest. Another option would be doing most/all of the structure underground.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." George Carlins
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
03 Jun 2024 07:03 PM
ICF is a great system to control both temperature and humidity. There has been a lot of success with vegetable storage buildings, since the walls will not be susceptible to rot/degradation and the owners are able to control the temp & humidity, extending the shelf life of the produce and allowing farmers to sell when market pricing are favorable. Similarly, museums have been built with ICF to ensure artifacts are stored in ideal conditions for preservation (ie, temp & humidity control is a significant factor).
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
05 Jun 2024 01:03 AM
That is helpful. Thank you!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Membership Membership: Latest New User Latest: alx New Today New Today: 0 New Yesterday New Yesterday: 1 User Count Overall: 34755
People Online People Online: Visitors Visitors: 113 Members Members: 0 Total Total: 113
Copyright 2011 by BuildCentral, Inc.   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement