Basement Shower Finish Insulation
Last Post 08 Jan 2022 04:14 PM by 3cityblue. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
03 Jan 2022 12:46 AM
Hi there! Currently in the process of finishing my small 4x3 shower in the basement (below grade) in our midwest (Iowa) home. The back wall of the shower is a framed 2x4 wall against an uninsulated poured concrete wall. This wall happens to be under our front porch, which we did not backfill so there is a small "shelter" there, then another poured concrete wall beyond that and that is below grade. From the all knowing google, it seems like I should use faced batt insulation against that wall, then a plastic vapor barrier. Does that seem sufficient? Thanks for any assistance.
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
08 Jan 2022 04:14 PM
For my money I would go for a higher R value. It is a small area to insulate so I'm thinking full fill with foam board or equivalent. Be sure to seal all seams, then your vapor barrier. I would be most concerned with condensation risks on the concrete wall.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1
Membership Membership: Latest New User Latest: CleanBuilding1975 New Today New Today: 0 New Yesterday New Yesterday: 0 User Count Overall: 34300
People Online People Online: Visitors Visitors: 34 Members Members: 1 Total Total: 35
Copyright 2011 by BuildCentral, Inc.   Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement